Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rock Star

I haven't successfully sewn anything since affixing a Galaxy logo to a T-shirt for Logan's David Beckham costume two years ago, and AMH had to do half the work on that one. Not being able to sew does not affect my life in any way...except at Halloween, when I feel inadequate as people whip up handmade hats, Superman capes and the like. I'm just not good at the crafts.

As it turns out, Logan is at a stage where he won't wear anything that isn't comfortable, anyway. I can't see him being willing to don a cape or his cousin's hand-me-down spider outfit. So I think the costume we cooked up for him will work well. As a "rock star," he'll carry Larry's Guitar Hero guitar, don jeans and a black T-shirt that says "Less Talk. More Rock" (newly arrived today from Old Navy) and sport two studded bracelets plus a fake earring if I can get him to hold still long enough to draw it on. We've also delayed his haircut so his hair is long enough to gel into a fauxhawk. I think this will "feel" like regular clothes but still be a good enough costume to pass muster.

Last year Logan stopped traffic, literally, in his farmer outfit, which was also a simple getup that felt like regular clothes.


Oliver is staying home with me to distribute candy. He will wear a "Monster in Training" T-shirt.I will wear a feather boa and sweats.

And no...there is no such thing as No Pants Halloween.

1 comment:

Miranda and Roger said...

i love that photo of logan. I'm glad you shared it again.. too sweet.