Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Natural


Halloween was a smashing success. We had 80 kids at the door and for once almost everyone was in costumes of some kind. We had about a 90% "thank-you" rate, which is terrific. It drives me b-a-n-a-n-a-s when the kids don't say "thank you."

I decided not to put Logan in his farmer costume for day care, because I was worried he'd destroy it. I think that was a good choice, because when I picked him up he was covered with orange cupcake frosting that surely would have been all over his overalls. So we changed him into the costume after dinner and Larry, Grandpa and Grandma set out to take him "to a few houses on the street."



Well AN HOUR LATER, the four of them arrived home. I was getting ready to call the police. Oliver and I manned the door, handing out "Sour Jacks." History shows I can't be trusted with chocolate on Halloween night.

After the first two houses, at which he was mainly confused, Logan absolutely adored Halloween. He's a trick or treat natural. He came home not with the three or four pieces of candy I expected, but with a 2/3 full bucket (and it was a big bucket), which Larry and I raided after he went to bed.

3 comments:

Felicia said...

He was a big hit I imagine because he was just so darn cute. I would have to give that kid lots of candy just for his cuteness alone.

Miranda and Roger said...

Love the freckles... but I'm a bit partial! ;-)

Anonymous said...

So CUTE!!! The freckles are too much for me i can barely function. And Amy, what were you thinking with "sour jacks"?