Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sad Times in the Closet

Getting ready for my re-entry at Bulldog Monday, I spent my pockets of free time this week sorting through my disastrous closet. The only thing harder than getting dressed for work as a pregnant person is getting dressed during the "transition," which is what we call the period before we lose the rest of the baby weight and get an accurate read on how the pregnancy redistributed everything.

I sorted the clothes into four groups:
  • Maternity clothes, which got boxed up and shipped to their rightful owners. Needless to say, we're done.
  • Clothes I really should have given to Goodwill a long time ago.
  • Clothes I want to keep even if I can't wear them now.
  • The very, very few items that fit.
Sigh. There's no way I'm going to buy an entire new wardrobe. I like my old wardrobe. So my winter ensembles are going to be very limited. I'll have to distract everyone with earrings.

4 comments:

Felicia said...

Not knowing what it is like to be pregnant, but having lost and gained many pounds over the course of my life, in a way I can somewhat understand. I remember the good ole days when trying on clothes used to be fun!?

Anonymous said...

I say wear lots of perfume to cloud your entrance into the office so that no one knows what you're wearing. I used to do that.

Bethany said...

Buy lots of black. That way people won't notice when you rewear frequently. And if you dry clean, they'll stay black longer.

Anonymous said...

Check yer work email for an invite to the clothes swap... good way to stir up the closet a bit! Can't wait to see you (Tuesday... as I'll be meeting my annual camping quota on Monday)...

~tracy