Thursday, April 23, 2009

Early Release

Yesterday evening just before dinner, Logan earned a time out for hitting. I told him to turn off "Yo Gabba Gabba" and wash his hands for dinner, and he smacked me in the leg and said "No." He really likes "Yo Gabba Gabba."

Anyway, hitting is an automatic time out in our house, so off he went to his room with the door closed for two minutes.

I had spaghetti boiling so I went into the kitchen to watch it while Larry fed Oliver in the dining room. About 30 seconds later, Logan marched into the kitchen, shooting a stink-eye at me from the corner of his eye and making his way behind the center island in our kitchen into the dining room as if I couldn't see him. I really, really wanted to laugh at the fact that he'd let himself out of time out and was going to report me to Daddy.

I kept my chuckles in check and back to time out we went. But now we have to guard the door, so a time out for Logan is a time out for everyone involved.

2 comments:

Felicia said...

The worst possible thing that could happen to me was being put in the corner and no talking!! Complete torture. The room wasn't too bad, because I can still talk to myself, but I'm sure he doesn't like it.

Bethany said...

We had to put a child safety knob thing on the inside of V's room because she kept letting herself out. It's a safely issue either way, but man...these kids make discipline hard.