Friday, August 21, 2009

The Circus

Logan and I had incredible seats this morning for the Ringling Bros. circus. I haven't been to a circus in about 30 years, so it's hard to tell whether the circus has changed, or I have. It seemed a lot smaller than I remember (that's probably about me, not the circus). It also now has video, G-rated hip-hoppish music, a lot of Cirque de Soleil-type acrobatics and protesters outside.

Logan didn't beg for a single toy (although he was looking longingly at the swirly light thingies) or gross food item. After about 15 minutes sitting on my lap he went into his own seat and had a great time. Favorite acts were the motorcycle on the tightrope and the dog catching Frisbees.


Here's the view from our seats.


We were accompanied by Logan's friend J and his mom and J's older brother, whom both Logan and J worship. He is one of the nicest early-teen I have ever met. He can actually carry on a conversation and is terrific with the little boys, who obey him without hesitation. He gives me hope for the future. We tried to get them all to pose but there was a lot going on!




1 comment:

Amy said...

What a fun birthday weekend Logan is having!