Thursday, August 6, 2009

Memory Lane Is Kind of Rocky

Went to Central Market to pick up lunch today and passed by a few people in scrubs. This is normal for Central Market at midday because Seton, the Heart Hospital and many medical buildings are nearby and of course, St. David's is five minutes away. Seeing people in scrubs gave me a momentary jolt as I was transported back to the times I would stop by on my way home from my afternoon NICU shift to make sure we had. I'm amazed Central Market isn't totally ruined for me as an experience. I'm pretty sure I will never eat Rold Gold pretzels again, for example. The sense memory connection of opening the bag, which I would often eat as a snack when the nurses kicked us out for rounds, would be overwhelming.

Even more jarring is the photo folder on our home computer. Our digital photos are saved by date, so as I save new photos I'm now seeing all of the ones from exactly a year ago.



1 comment:

Miranda and Roger said...

and look at the handsome boy he's become! sweet momma, bebe photos. :-)