Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Double Helix Model Is Prettier Than Your Barbie Doll!

Get a load of this fun-looking project courtesy of the Austin Children's Museum. Edible art. Hello? Is there anything better? We WILL be doing this in the Bills hizzouse this weekend.

By the way, I recommend this blog for anyone that who has kids (or is just immature, you know who you are). They have some really fun ideas.

The grape/toothpick structure those kids are building, though, is giving me flashbacks to one of the many bizarre toys Aunt Emily and I were subjected to enjoyed as children: a set of plastic "molecules" that you could link up with plastic gray connectors. Only when I got to college and had friends taking organic chemistry et al did I realize those were not really meant to be toys. Then again, neither was Parafilm we chewed to pretend we had gum, the dry ice we dropped into buckets of water to make "smoke" or the pipettes we used as pick-up sticks.

4 comments:

Grandpa Philip said...

I suppose I should be offended by these gratuitous slurs. None of these items is especially dangerous. Of course, the fact they were enjoyed while the enjoyers stood on radioactive waste cans (so they could reach the sink) explains a lot.

Grandpa Philip, provider of unique and enjoyable playthings.

Aunt Emily said...

I am busting a got laughing. The pictire of the Parafilm...it looks EXACTLY the same! We poked our fingers through it and yes, chewed it. So, not allowed to have gum but Grandpa (for a while, at least) was smoking Merits in the yellow and white box (which we would hide)...ooooookay! :)

Aunt Emily said...

Whoops, I meant "busting a gut." Duh.

Felicia said...

Ah to be "tortured" with genius.