Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Toddler View

Logan's day care has a pretty fun summer program for the early preschool class (his class) and up. At least, it looks great to me. I wouldn't mind seeing a fire engine, petting a pony and having my face painted.

We printed out the summer program calendar, and each morning we talk about the highlight coming up that day*. A week and a half into the program, I'm realizing that Logan's interpretation of the highlight rarely matches what's on the calendar.

Monday
Calendar indicates: Spirit day (they all wear their summer program T-shirt)
Also known as: Conformity Day (thanks, Larry)
Logan's interpretation of the highlight of the day: Daddy's car is broken.

Tuesday
Calendar indicates: Ice cream day
Logan's interpretation of the highlight of the day: Refuses to admit to having ice cream, evidence all over his shirt to the contrary. Finally concedes that he had "black ice cream." Claims at various points to have had or not had sprinkles.

Wednesday
Calendar indicates: Storyteller
Logan's interpretation of the highlight of the day: I had a green popsicle.

Thursday
Calendar indicates: Hawaiian shirt day
Logan's interpretation of the highlight of the day: Mommy I don't like this shirt. I like Spiderman.

Friday
Calendar indicates: Splash day
Logan's interpretation of the highlight of the day: Splash day.



*I talk and Logan says "no" or "make me a waffle."

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Man, that school's program sounds fun. Love Larry's comment. Had he not said it, I would have.